Child Prodigy’s Commitment to Health & Safety
Child Prodigy Children’s Center is committed to provide you with the peace of mind to know that your child is protected, safe and well cared for. The Health & Safety of children and staff is our highest priority. Our systems and protocols work together to ensure that every school maintains the highest standard of cleanliness and safety. Child Prodigy adheres to Missouri state sanitation recommendations and mandates as well as following the recommendations from the CDC and County Health in instances involving and Epidemic or Pandemic.
Existing Heath & Safety Practices
- Child Prodigy requires children or staff with respiratory illness symptoms or fever to remain home until symptom free for 24 hours, non-medicated.
- Child Prodigy requires all individuals, (children, parents, teachers, resource professionals, and volunteers) to wash thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water upon entering any classroom. To help children develop good habits, detailed, visual instructions for proper handwashing are posted at every sink throughout our centers.
- We disinfect and sanitize areas of high contact frequently throughout the day, and all materials at the end of each day.
- Infant sheets are laundered daily.
- Health & Safety training is required and conducted frequently to all Staff, and outside administrators. These trainings include CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Prevention and Control of infectious diseases and Emergency preparedness and response planning to name just a few.
- Center-wide Fire Drills, Tornado Drills and Lock Down Drills are completed on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Child Prodigy has a strict Supervision Policy covering a range of topics that is reviewed with all Staff on their first day of employment and multiple times throughout the year.
In addition, in response to COVID-19, and until such time as local and state guidance changes, we have enhanced our already rigorous Health & Safety practices to include the following:
- Outside visitors to our facilities are limited to professionals directly involved in program, child resource representatives, licensing agency representatives, and parent meetings.
- Materials in all classrooms are sanitized and rotated out of classrooms twice a day.
- All adults are required to wear masks while inside the facility.
- Sanitizing Foggers used to sanitize the entire building 2 times per week after hours.
- Guidance regarding attendance, required quarantines, and any potential need for short-term closures are provided by the appropriate County Health Consultant and strictly followed.
- Ample supplies of Personal Protective Equipment is on hand for all staff involved in day to day operations. This includes, but is not limited to, masks, gloves, paper towels, soap, and hand sanitizer.